Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Project 1 experience

I almost forgot what it was like to represent myself. This project brought me back to show and tell in elementary school where we would bring in things that we loved. Unknowingly, that was a representation of ourselves.

Before starting project one, I thought it was going to be a piece of cake - something that I could knock out in less than a week, I was totally wrong. This was probably one of the most aggravating assignments that I have been given. While most projects have a certain agenda to follow, this project did not. I thought I would like having a little bit of freedom, and I love Instagram! I then began to understand how narcissistic I am when it comes to posting pictures that “represent me” on social media.

The most difficult part of this assignment was definitely making sure that there were no body parts that appeared in the image. I would hold something up to the camera to take a picture of it and then realize that my hand couldn't be in the shot. It was hard to depict my friends and family without actually having them in it.

However, this project did manage to increase my creative outlook. I now have more appreciation for unique self portraits, especially when they don’t physically feature the artist. 

No comments:

Post a Comment