Sunday, February 1, 2015
Youtube channels
As you all know, I am proud to say that I am a religious follower of
BuzzFeed in every form of media that they provide – especially their YouTube
channels. If I have any free time (especially in the mornings and during
homework breaks), I like to sit down and update myself on all of their channels
(all four: violet, blue, yellow, and video) and see what kind of topics they
have to discuss. The main reason why I am so interested in BuzzFeed’s
entertainment is because majority of their videos are actually relatable, super
interesting, informative and entertaining! It’s rare to find all of those
benefits at once. The writers and actors are average people who share similar
characteristics yet differ uniquely from one another. I feel like they’re my friends
who I keep up with through videos and articles – if that isn’t creepy enough.
Today I just scrolled through a BuzzFeed article on “The Butt Of Every Football
Player In The Superbowl, Ranked” because it was humorous and amusing. I also recently
watched a video on their BuzzFeedVideo channel about women experiencing what it
was like to wear a hijab, and the misconceptions about women who actually wear
them every day. I learned that wearing a hijab does not necessarily mean that
woman is under male oppression, quite the opposite actually. A woman can be beautiful
and intelligent without physical image. One topic was so ridiculous and the other
was actually really important to be aware about – both were equally
interesting. That’s what I look for from YouTube artists, being able to relate.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment