Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Depiction of The Internship


I love how The Internship depicts Google's corporate culture. At first, I thought the only fun and innovative company was Apple until we watched this in class. I always knew Google was modern, in fact it is a corporate king. But I also always thought that Google was a try-hard and a little overwhelming. With Google+, taking over Youtube, creating their own email servers, it's a lot to take in. I remember when I went to a weekend conference in high school and representatives were speaking on Google's behalf, trying to have an influence on my fresh young mind. I just thought they were kind of nerdy and were trying too hard to seem him with us fifteen-year-olds. This movie shed a new bright light on my perspective. Yes, Google is pretty nerdy. The giant floor-to-floor slides and nap pods were still the coolest things I've ever seen in a business environment. By creating a childish environment, it really lessens the stress that circulates in the office. They're totally okay with being nerdy and the lifestyle that they provide for their employees seems like a place where I would want to retire.

The fact that Google bases their operations on data, even human resources, is fantastic. I do not think they're dehumanizing their employees. Google is totally with the times and they are really pushing our advancement in technology for future generations. Google is already such a big influence on our generation that they don't really have to try too much harder for us to adapt to their benefits. I already have a gmail account with them that I use to access Youtube, and Google Docs is the coolest thing that has been introduced in a while (in my opinion). The Internship just pushed me a little closer to supporting their corporation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment