Sunday, April 26, 2015

Terms and Conditions May Apply

The fact that Google doesn't have it's original user agreement archived online does not really bother me all that much, even though I know it should. I'm sure the federal government could do more about how corporations are using and tracking our data, seeing as though they too have had their own issues with privacy settings. In a way, the advertising field has been a little shady with the way they reach out to customers and it creates a bad name for the big companies. For example, the whole Target scandal. When those products pop up on my Facebook timeline, it definitely freaks me out a little. How do you know I buy cat litter every other month, Facebook? Goods and services seem forced and very in-your-face these days, which is irritating. I think the federal government could do more, but ultimately it hasn't harmed me yet therefore I am not that concerned.

No comments:

Post a Comment