Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Project 3

I used to make Vines in high school and even during my freshman year, so I was already familiar with the app. I wasn't very good at it, and realized that it was difficult to become noticed no matter how many irrelevent hashtags you put on the video. There's some kind of comedic touch that one has to have if they're going to be relatively close to being noticed. It's also pretty difficult for teenage girls to be noticed because lets face it - we're not all that funny.

But that's besides the point! It was kind of fun being back on vine again with Kyle, especially since they've made some changes to the way you can record videos. Although we were able to go back and edit clips in one vine (that's funny that we call it a "vine" instead of a short video or video clip), we still found it particularly difficult to record everything all in 6 seconds. For example, our instructional video. It was really hard to make all of the instructions fit in order to make sense. As I mentioned in my Project 3 statement, "The instructions were 'make a beat, make a rhythm, and add a melody'. Each step had a different clip, but this was a little hard to do since beats and rhythms need more than a couple seconds to establish what they are, especially if the beat or rhythm is slow". We had to do a few takes before we figured out what sounded best. 

Overall, I didn't feel very rewarded because I knew how to make vines before this assignment. But, I can appreciate vine artists who make extremely successful vines while staying within the time limit. It's challenging!

No comments:

Post a Comment